10.21.2010

I'm Hearing Jingle Bells

It's 64 days until Christmas! Woo-hoo! I love the holidays.  There's nothing like getting together with family and friends and celebrating the birth of our savior!

A Christmas tradition I absolutely love was going to my Grandmother's house and making various crafts and cookies and candy.  Every year we would go down too her house and she, my aunt, and my three brothers and I would sit around the dining table creating lots of little Christmas goodies.  Christmas is still synonymous with peanut butter balls for me! I'm so excited that Lilly is now old enough to participate! I'm especially excited that we will be in South Carolina this year for Christmas--at least that's the current plan--so she will get to do it the way I did--around my Grandmother's table!!

This year will be very crafty for me! My business is in full swing this year and I'll be doing my first craft show!  I'm so ready to get started on all of my Christmas crafts for the year!  It's going to be a handmade Christmas this year.  I'll be making or buying handmade gifts for everyone on the list and Etsy is certainly the place to do it!

I'm thinking these great ornaments by The Quilted Turtle done with pictures of Lilly, Steven, and I would make great presents for Lilly's grandparents and great-grandparents.
The Quilted Turtle Photo Ball 

I'm also in love with Glitter Ball ornaments.  And they are SOOO easy to make.  I'm thinking I might do those for the Aunts and Uncles.  GameCocks colors anyone? This you tube video has a great tutorial!  The creator of the ornament pictured has a fantastic tutorial as well using stamp pad re-inkers,  but I love how cheap doing it with pledge is!  I do love the idea of using scrap-booking rub-ons to add an image to the front.  I haven't seen a blog tutorial on how to make them, just videos, so I may make one and try to post next week.  I'm thinking about selling them at my craft show and offering them to be personalized with monograms!

Love this with the rub-on! Stampin it up comes highly recommended! 
I'm definitely going to be posting lots of tutorials (mine and link-loved) and yummy recipes over the next few months! There's no time like the holidays to get Crafty!  Got a tutorial or recipe you'd like featured just let me know or post in the comments section!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I'd love to know what my readers have to think! (please keep them pg, those deemed inapropriate by me will not be displayed)